London – (Federica Chiattarelli)> After having dealt with explaining the registration process for the settled scheme status, which regularizes the “definitive” stay in the United Kingdom, let’s see what the confirmation letter tells us once the much-discussed settled status is obtained  .

After the application if everything is regular you will receive a letter with your name and surname, and with the reference code, after which the important letter says:

“Since you now have a regular status, there is no time limit to stay in the UK. (Although it should be specified that Parliament will be invited to amend the UK immigration law).

The 3-page letter continues:

Your status has been deemed regular and gives you the right to remain in the UK under the UK immigration law.
At the same time, until December 31st 2020, you can also continue to rely on your rights as an EU citizen or family member of an EU citizen: Try your state online

The letter that arrives is not a proof, the settled status is not in paper format !!!

The letter indeed specifies this point:
This letter is not proof of your ‘status’ in the United Kingdom. Your status is linked to the passport or national identity card that was used to request the scheme.

Proof for work or other
In line with existing requirements, you may be required to prove your status in order to demonstrate the right to work or to access services and services, for example to
potential employers and homeowners or agencies, the National Health Service (NHS), or other government departments and local authorities. To demonstrate just go online and print the right to stay in the UK.

Home Office online control service for your rights
In addition to being able to use the valid residence documentation or passport or ID card to prove your status until December 31st 2020, you can also use the Home Office Online Control Service to prove your rights.

You can view your status online  at any time with this service at
The online control service is available to show your right to work for the  employer while allowing you to see your status online.

There is to say, that   the checks are already carried out by the employers when you want to work or rent a house in the UK. This information is protected by data privacy and employers and homeowners will be able to check your status only if you have given them permission to do so.

See how it works here, you can access the online service:

If you change your passport it must be communicated.
To keep your status online, you will need to communicate if you change your passport
or national identity card for any reason. Like most passports and national ID cards, they expire every 10 years, and you will probably need to inform the Home Office of your replacement documentation.

You can find out in general about how to view and demonstrate your rights on:

Work and access to services and NHS
No permission from a government department to take or change
employment is required. You can engage in business or a profession, or be a self-employed person, for a long time if you meet the legal requirements for that activity. You’ll still need to prove your rights to work in the UK for employers, just like you do now.
You are entitled to NHS health care if you habitually live in the UK.
Whether you are entitled to subsidies or other public funds depends on whether you know
the relevant eligibility requirements set by the issuing government department,
local authority or delivery partner.
Travel in the United Kingdom
There are no changes when traveling to the UK. You must continue to present
your passport or national identity card on the UK border.
Time outside the UK no more than two years
According to the current UK immigration law, if you are absent from the UK for a continuous period of more than two years, your state of residence will lapse.

If you leave the UK and return
within two years, you can enter the UK and continue to live here as a stable person  under the EU liquidation regime. If you leave the UK for more than two years and your status is terminated, you will have to make a new request

Parliament will be able to amend the UK immigration law.

Listen to the important and interesting interview with “the lawyer responds” made on the official Italian radio in London and in the UK where he explained in a never-before-heard manner all the questions:

Tutti gli approfondimenti sulla Brexit

Italoeuropeo Brexit